You’ll love it here!
Getting to Brisa Oceano Resort
All major airlines fly into the country’s only international airport located in Ladyville (nine miles north of Belize City), called Philip Goldson International Airport (BZE).
Travelers coming from the United States and Canada can find several direct flights into BZE. Nonstop air service is available from: Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Miami and Newark. Carriers that offer flights from these cities are American Airlines, United Airlines, Delta Airlines, Grupo TACA.
Driving directions from Belize City Airport (BZE) to Placencia, Belize!
- You will depart the airport and follow the “International Airport Road” – signs should say – to Belize City. You’ll drive with the airplane runway on your left as you depart the airport.
- Next, you’ll turn left onto the “Northern Highway”. This is a little different (easier) than going through Belize City. It will probably add about 10 minutes to your drive, but will make the drive a lot easier to manage.
- Proceed North for only about 10 minutes.
- Make a left onto the “Burrell Boom Cut”. Burrell Boom is a town and this “cut” will take you around to the Western Highway.
- Follow the Burrell Boom Cut all of the way to the Western Highway, where you will go right around the roundabout onto the Western Highway (this turn is in the area of Hattieville).
- Go West on the Western Highway.
- Follow the Western Highway past the Belize zoo all of the way to Belmopan and the Hummingbird Highway where you will meet a roundabout. Making a left will get you onto the Hummingbird Highway. There should be signs for “Dangriga” / “Punta Gorda” / “Placencia”
- You will now be on the Hummingbird Highway. This is by far the prettiest part of the drive. You will wind through hills and towns, up and over bluffs, and through the Mayan mountains.
- As you approach Dangriga, you will see a Shell Gas station on your right. The turn off of the Hummingbird Highway and onto the “Southern Highway” is just ahead.
- Turn Right onto the Southern Highway. You should see signs for “Punta Gorda” and/or “Placencia”.
- Follow the Southern Highway for about 35 minutes, and then you’ll approach a round-a-bout. Here, follow the signs to Placencia. It’s the “left turn” in the round-a-bout.
- You are now on the road to the Peninsula. There are no turns off of this road, just lots and lots of speed humps. The only “turn” that appears is a turn off to Riversdale. Don’t make that left, but rather stay on the road to Placencia.
- Follow the Peninsula Road all of the way through Seine Bight, past Roberts Grove, the Airstrip and into the Village. You’ll know you’ve arrived in the village when you see the water tower. Once at the water tower, continue straight to you see a Belize Bank sign on the lift side of the road. Brisa Oceano Office is right before you pass the Belize Bank sign, across from the football field. If you pass Tutti fruit ice cream/Rum Fish Restaurant/Chachi’s Pizza, then you have passed it by 3 buildings. You can park in front of the building to check in. Once checked in, you will be escorted on the premise to the resort parking.
A few points:
- The total drive can take from 3 ½ hours to 4 ½ hours. The speed humps, traffic and familiarity with turns and roads can greatly affect your drive. Be patient and enjoy the drive – it’s very pretty and the most scenic drives in the country.
- Avoid the “Coastal highway”. This road is not paved and is treacherous. It can be done, but more than an hour will be added on to your total drivetime – and is not worth the headaches.
- There are several rest stops available should you decide or have the time to stop. A few recommendations would be the Belize Zoo, The Art Box Gallery, Blue Hole National Park, and The Grove House Restaurant at Sleeping Giant.
- Should the drive be longer than you would like, Brisa Oceano would be more than happy to arrange a 45 minutes local airline flight to Placencia, where we can have a shuttle waiting to transport you to Brisa Oceano.